Thursday, August 28, 2008

Christ is All

As is quite obvious from many of my posts, I really love and appreciate The Valley of Vision - both the book of prayers, and the CD of songs based on the book. So, as I have previously posted many of the lyrics of songs based on the prayers, I have decided to now post a few of the actual prayers. The language is quite old - but the content is wonderful. I hope that these prayers come to mean something to you, as they do to me. :)


Christ Is All

O lover to the uttermost,
May I read the meltings of thy heart to me
in the manger of thy birth,
in the garden of thy agony,
in the cross of thy suffering,
in the tomb of thy resurrection,
in the heaven of thy intercession.
Bold in this thought I defy my adversary,
tread down his temptations,
resist his schemings,
renounce the world,
am valiant for truth.Deepen in me a sense of my holy relationship to thee,
as spiritual Bridegroom,
as Jehova’s Fellow,
as sinners’ Friend.
I think of thy glory and my vileness,
thy majesty and my meanness,
thy beauty and my deformity,
thy purity and my filth,
thy righteousness and my iniquity.
Thou hast loved me everlastingly, unchangeably,
may I love thee as I am loved;
Thou hast given thyself for me,
may I give myself to thee;
Thou has died for me,
may I live to thee,
in every moment of my time,
in every movement of my mind,
in every pulse of my heart.
May I never dally with the world
and its allurements,
but walk by thy side,
listen to thy voice,
be clothed with thy graces,
and adorned with thy righteousness.

No comments: