I absolutely loved reading about this woman. What an example! We are so used to complaining… maybe not necessarily going on and on about something, but little things we say or expressions we use can be their own form of complaining. Is that something God really wants to hear? Is that something anyone wants to hear?
Look at a few of these definitions of “grumble” and “complain”:
- show one's unhappiness or critical attitude
- make complaining remarks or noises under one's breath
- a discontented disposition
- express complaints, discontent, displeasure, or unhappiness
- to express dissatisfaction
- find fault
I don’t know about you, but I sure don’t want those words associated with myself/my attitude. That is not the character of Christ in any way, and we are supposed to be reflecting Him. With characteristics like this related to us because of our tendency to complain or grumble, we are not reflecting Christ. What a conviction! And what a great reminder of something to pray for the Spirit’s help with.