Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Never Alone

The following are lyrics to a song that I’ve come to really appreciate, called “Never Alone,” by Barlow Girl. It’s a good reminder that even when we feel that we are alone, we never are – which is a truth revealed in two of my favourite Scripture verses:
Matthew 28:20: And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age and Psalm 73:23(-26): Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand…


Never Alone

I waited for you today

But You didn't show
I needed You today
So where did you go?

You told me to call
you said You'd be there
And though I haven't seen You
Are You still there?

I cried out with no reply and
I can't feel You by my side
So I'll hold tight to what I know
You're here and I'm never alone.

And though I can not see You
and I can't explain why.
Such a deep, deep reassurance
You've placed in my life

We cannot separate
'Cause You're part of me
and though You're invisible
I'll trust the unseen

I cried out with no reply
And I can't feel You by my side
So I'll hold tight to what I know
You're here and I'm never alone

No comments: