Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Worthy Is The Lamb

I used to hear about Hillsong's music and think that it was all just a bit too "showy" - big concerts, people screaming... I thought the musicians and singers were just being idolized. It wasn't until I actually watched a video that I realized their music is so God-centered, and that although there's lots of cheering and everything, it's more that they're cheering for God rather than for the "group." Since then, I regularly listen to their music and pop on their DVDs... it makes for a great time of singing/worship! I was very wrong about Hillsong with my first impression. There are countless songs that are SO lyrically beautiful, and I want to post just a few of my favourite parts of some of my favourite songs. :)


You saw me when You took a crown of thorns,
And Your blood washed over me.
You loved me through the nails that You bore,
And Your blood washes over me.

~~*~~

I have nothing more than all You offer me;
There is nothing else that’s of worth to me.
And I love You Lord –
You rescued me.
You are all that I want,
You are all I need.

~~*~~

All to You, God, for all You are to me.
There is nothing like Your love.

~~*~~

Beholding Your beauty is all that I long for.
To worship You, Jesus, is my soul’s desire.
For this very heart you have shaped for your pleasure –
The purpose to lift Your name high.

~~*~~

Worthy is the Lamb, seated on the throne;
Crown You now with many crowns –
You reign victorious!
High and lifted up –
Jesus, Son of God.
The Darling of heaven crucified.
Worthy is the Lamb.

No comments: