Monday, October 27, 2008

Quotes

I came across some more of my favourite quotes and thought I'd share them today:

"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."
- C.S. Lewis

~~*~~

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
- C.S. Lewis

~~*~~

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"
- C.S. Lewis

~~*~~

"To deny oneself is to be aware only of Christ and no more of self, to see only Him who goes before and no more the road which is too hard for us."
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer

~~*~~

"When the principles that run against your deepest convictions begin to win the day, then the battle is your calling, and peace has become sin. You must at the price of dearest peace lay your convictions bare before friend and enemy with all the fire of your faith."
– Abraham Kuyper

~~*~~

"The dearest friend on earth is a mere shadow compared to Jesus Christ."
– Oswald Chambers

No comments: