Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Times Are In Your Hands

Here is another reading from Kay Arthur:

When God does not seem to answer you or move on your behalf, when you cannot seem to go on, what do you do?
Let me encourage you to meditate on Psalm 31:14-15, which says: “But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD, I say, ‘You are my God.’ My times are in Your hands.”
Your times are in His hands! This truth will sustain you when there seems no relief in sight and when you are weak and weary of fighting the good fight, of running the race with endurance.
Habakkuk 3:17-18 reveals magnificent faith as God’s prophet contented himself with God’s timetable and plan:
Though the fig tree should not blossom
And there be no fruit on the vines,
Though the yield of the olive should fail
And the fields produce no food,
Though the flock should be cut off from the fold
And there be no cattle in the stalls,
Yet I will exult in the LORD,
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation
.
God does not want compliant resignation. When life is difficult, God wants us to have a faith that trusts and waits. He wants us to have a faith that doesn’t complain while waiting but rejoices because we know our times are in His hands – nail-scarred hands that labour for our highest good.

No comments: