Saturday, October 18, 2008

Be There

One of my favourite things to read about and study is the Persecuted Church and its servants. Although the stories can be gut-wrenching to read (or see) there is so much inspiration to be found in them. When I think of my brothers and sisters suffering for their faith it makes me really think about my own faith and how I would react in various situations.
There are a lot of organizations and people that really focus on the Persecuted Church. The Voice of the Martyrs is one of them, and I support their work as much as I can, however I can. There's also Open Doors, which was founded by the well-known Brother Andrew.
I've read a lot about Brother Andrew and about the work he has done/does, and I recently started reading yet another book written by him. I thought I'd jot down some of my favourite quotes from it that I found to be particularly special. So I want to share some of them with you today!



“When God calls, or when His people are in need, be there.”

~~*~~

“Today we can look to His written Word to know Him and His will for us. As we saturate ourselves in the Scriptures and in prayer, our relationship with Christ deepens. And through the Bible He will begin to impress upon us just how and where He wants us to share His message.”

~~*~~

“God has given us in Scripture a full revelation of His nature and His character. And He has given us an unmistakably clear mandate to share Him and His Word with those who have not heard. What more do we need? If we focus on obeying Him on a daily basis – wherever we are – He will lead us where He wants us to go and to the people He wants us to reach.”

~~*~~

“God is waiting for us to walk forward in obedience so He can open the door for us to serve Him.”

~~*~~

“Total, absolute dependence on God is the only way we can accomplish anything for Him.”

~~*~~

“Iron, Bamboo, and Sugarcane Curtains, closed borders, dictators, terrorists – these are not the real obstacles that keep us from serving our suffering sisters and brothers. The biggest obstacles lie in our own hearts – fear, doubt, selfishness, and a host of other excuses.”

~~*~~

“When, instead of worrying about the obstacles, we trust God to take care of them, our Christian life becomes much more effective… then, as problems arise, we can view them as part of the process in which God is teaching us to walk in faith.”

No comments: